I don’t do much baking, so my winter recipe is my Snowman Cheeseball!
I’ve made one the last couple of years, and my recipe was even published on the website of the magazine I worked on during college. Here’s the recipe:
- 2 (250g) packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese (or any other kind of white cheese), shredded
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce (such as Tobasco)
- coarse salt and black pepper, to taste
- fresh rosemary sprigs
- 5 raisins
- pretzel sticks
- 1 baby carrot
- crackers (1 large Breton cracker for the base of the hat, and 3 regular Ritz crackers for the top of the hat)
- Mix the cream cheese in a bowl with 1 ½ cups of white cheddar cheese.
- Add the minced shallots, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce.
- Mix together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop out ⅔ of the cheese mixture and roll into a ball.
- Roll the remaining ⅓ of the cheese mixture into a ball and place on top of the larger ball.
- Sprinkle the last ½ cup of white cheddar cheese onto the two cheese balls until covered in shredded cheese.
- Stick raisins on the ball as the eyes and buttons for the snowman.
- Cut triangular slice of carrot and place on the smaller ball for the nose of the snowman.
- Stick two pretzel sticks in the sides for the snowman’s arms.
- Place crackers on top of snowman for the hat (use cream cheese in between the crackers to make them stick together).
- Garnish the plate with rosemary.
What’s your winter recipe?