Title: Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #1)
Author: Louise Rennison
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Release Date: June 24, 1999
There are six things very wrong with my life:
1. I have one of those under-the-skin spots that will never come to a head but lurk in a red way for the next two years.
2. It is on my nose
3. I have a three-year-old sister who may have peed somewhere in my room.
4. In fourteen days the summer hols will be over and then it will be back to Stalag 14 and Oberfuhrer Frau Simpson and her bunch of sadistic teachers.
5. I am very ugly and need to go into an ugly home.
6. I went to a party dressed as a stuffed olive.
In this wildly funny journal of a year in the life of Georgia Nicolson, British author Louise Rennison has perfectly captured the soaring joys and bottomless angst of being a teenager. In the spirit of Bridget Jones’s Diary, this fresh, irreverent, and simply hilarious book will leave you laughing out loud. As Georgia would say, it’s “Fabbity fab fab!”
This book quickly became one of my favourites as soon as I started reading it. It is hilarious!
Georgia is an ordinary girl, suffering through her teenage existence. She is so relatable because of her flaws. She documents her life in this journal, including all of her embarrassing moments, such as her first kiss.
One thing that I’ve always loved about this series is that the characters around Georgia are very important to the story. Georgia, like most teenagers, feels like she should be the centre of attention. However, her family and friends are prominent in the story. Her parents deal with problems including her father losing his job. Georgia acts as her friend’s wing woman so she can start dating a boy who works at a grocery store. In my opinion, the funniest character is Libby, Georgia’s toddler sister, because she has no filter when talking!
I love this series! If you haven’t read it yet, you have to pick it up!
What to read next:
On the Bright Side, I’m Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #2) by Louise Rennison
Have you read Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging? What did you think of it?